Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My Finale, Part 2

Brick Wall: Saying goodbye

Ironically, I'm jobless and technically homeless, and yet I am incredibly happy. It's a great feeling knowing that I'm doing exactly what I feel like I am meant to be doing. The hardest part of this was saying goodbye to my job, my coworkers, my family members, my friends, my sister and brother, and Tampa. It's not as easy as you may think to leave all of this. There are times when I feel like I'm letting everyone in Tampa down, but I know that I have to do this for myself.

It's never easy "making your exit". When you do, be sure to go out with respect and your head held high. Not only that, but also be respectful of those around you and closest to you. At my farewell happy hour, my friend Michele gave me a great idea...I took a picture with every person that came (but I started too late and missed some, so sorry!). Then, I emailed the picture out to each person and thanked them for coming. This is a great suggestion for anyone leaving a job, a city, or just a great experience. Capture the moment with the people who support you the most.

I'm blessed...so blessed, and I won't forget this in my new endeavors. Tampa, and everyone in it, has made me the person I am today, and I'll always be grateful. And now, it's on to Chicago. Thankfully, I'm taking a one-week break in South Carolina to relax and spend time with my parents before diving into the job search (as so many others are already swimming in). I'm ready to ride this wave, and I'm actually doing it. What a feeling...what a great feeling!

If you would like to see pictures from my last day in Florida, please CLICK HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment